Monday, October 29, 2012

Just Cruisin' Along

There hasn't been a post since October 4th...hmmm.  Why not?

As I mentioned in recent posts, my running has really transitioned to a less intense, maintenance phase.  Basically, there isn't much to talk about.  Over the last several weeks I have run on Tuesday & Thursday mornings.  I get up, help get the kids ready, see Hannah onto the bus and then take off for a 30 minute run (give or take a little).

I don't even keep track of time while I'm running.  My Garmin 500 beeps every 10 minutes, but otherwise I'm not keeping track.  Why do I do this?

Good question.  My running is really for enjoyment and some exercise.  It feels good to get out there and run.  It feels good to know that I've done something healthy before I even go to work.

When I get to the 6 month mark on my little experiment, I will re-evaluate how I am doing and will declare goal met or goal not met.  At this time, I don't see any real problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment