Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Transitioning

Now that I have completed a 5K race, there is this sense that I have transitioned to something...different.  It doesn't feel like I need to document every run and every detail.  It also feels like I can be more flexible on my running schedule.

Initially, I ran every other day.  Once I got to 2.5-2.75 miles/run , I switched to every third day.  Now, it feels like I can do 2-3 runs/week and that will be good.

This morning, I did a 30 minute run around the neighborhood before going into work.  There was no specific purpose for this run other than to run.  It was great.

No specific agenda.  No specific mileage.  No specific pace.  Just running.

It feels like that is the way it should be.

All of my runs will not be of this variety.  I'm to scientifically minded to not want to add in intervals, repeats, hill workouts, or sustained-pace workouts.  But the thought that I can go out and run for the sake of running is very comforting.  It feels like I have been aiming for this all along.

As I stated in my last post, I am not declaring my goals met but I am awfully close.  My plan is to wait until the 6 month mark and see how everything is feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment